2014 Southeast Pirate Parent Summer Information
I hope this information finds all of you enjoying the summer months. As the summer days continue, our 2014 season is going to be here in no time. I am very much anticipating the coming season and the boys have been working very hard to make this season one that the Pirate community and fans will not soon forget. The information in this packet will hopefully prepare you for the upcoming events your son has this summer. I am writing this to give you a “heads up”, because I am sure that many of you have not seen your son’s summer schedule. I hope you will find this information useful and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to coach your son. It is truly my honor and privilege to be the head coach of this program and to be around such wonderful student-athletes.
I am proud to announce this year’s coaching staff. These are the men that will guide our players. Our players and school district are lucky to have these men in the program. This year’s staff will include:
Christain Kainrad- Assistant Head Coach/Co-Defensive Coordinator
Bob Altenhof– Co-Defensive Coordinator
Doug Craver-Special Teams Coordinator/
Chris Davis – Varsity Asst.
Matt Dillon– Freshmen and Varsity Asst.
Adam Jenkins– Freshmen and Varsity Asst.
I am very honored and privileged to work with these men.
A Player’s Paperwork
Each player (Grades 9-12) must complete all paperwork. Paperwork includes a physical, emergency medical form, and the Ohio Department of Health Concussion Information Sheet. A player must have an emergency medical form, insurance waiver, and physical by July 21, 2014. All paperwork can be found and downloaded at http://www.sepirates.org/Downloads/Emergency%20Medical%20Authorization.pdf
For any questions contact Coach Youel (330-705-5989).
***Please hand in all paperwork to Coach Youel***
Summer Camp Days
1. Pirate Team Camp- July 21-23. No Cost. For Boys in grades 9-12. At our Practice Field. Times are 8:00 AM-11:30 AM
2. Malone University Team Camp– July 24-July 26. This camp is for players in grades 10-12. (Freshmen will not attend this camp). Cost of this camp is 200 dollars (This payment will include camp wear and also pay for a player’s Friday Meals (See Below)). (Make Checks Payable to The Southeast Athletic Booster Club). For further details or any questions contact Coach Youel (330-705-5989).
Summer Practice Start Dates and Times
1. Pirate Three-a-Days- For all players in grades 10-12. These practices begin on August 1, 2014. These practices will run from 7 AM- 2 PM. Practices will be held at the High School and our Practice Field.
2. Freshmen Practice- Our ninth grade will also start practice on August 1, 2014. This year the freshmen will practice with the varsity. The freshmen will practice from 9 AM-11:30 AM. Practices will be held at the High School and our Practice Field.
1. Thursday Night Meals– This year we will start a tradition of Thursday Night Meals. Senior Parents will have the first opportunity to sign up and then Junior and Sophomore Parents. If you would like to host a meal or would like to help with a meal please contact Coach Youel (330-705-5989) as soon as possible to talk about dates. (FRESHMEN AND THEIR PARENTS NEED NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS MEAL. THESE MEALS ARE FOR PLAYERS IN GRADES 10-12).
2. Friday Afternoon Meals– Every Friday after school the players are fed before the game. This is an expensive venture for our program. Players in grades 10-12, who do not attend the Malone Camp, will need to pay 40 dollars. We are asking our 9th Graders to pay 20 dollars. This will provide for every player that dresses on a Friday night the opportunity to eat a meal before the game. Please make checks payable to the SOUTHEAST ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB. If you would like to help with these meals or donate anything please contact Coach Youel (330-705-5989).